Middle School Campus | Roebuck
Cornerstone is seeking excellent substitute teachers at our middle school in Roebuck. The substitute teacher will help to create an encouraging learning environment for students while their teacher is absent. The substitute teacher will need to effectively manage and instruct the class. It is required that substitutes have a minimum of an associate’s degree and the ability to complete a background check.
Middle & High School Campuses | Roebuck
Cornerstone is seeking an excellent Spanish instructor who has a strong commitment to academic excellence and who is motivated to inspire student success. Applicants should hold a Professional Educator Certificate in Secondary Education in the state of Alabama. Experience is desirable but not required.
To apply, click the link below.
Office of Development Manager
The Development Manager will be a leader who works to implement programs and practices designed to increase board, donor and volunteer engagement leading to increased sustainable giving to Cornerstone Schools of Alabama.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- • Works with senior administration to conceptualize, organize and implement a strategic development program that raises funds for Cornerstone through the solicitation of various constituents
- • Work with development team and key volunteers to implement and execute both short and long-term development goals
- • Collaborates with team members to ensure donors are adequately and meaningfully recognized/stewarded to enhance their relationship with Cornerstone and increase the likelihood of continued contributions
- • Manages the status of all Scholarship for Kids income and donations
- • Provides ongoing support and preservation of Cornerstone’s Scholarship for Kids program with the responsibility of communicating with and reporting to internal and external audiences
- • Participates in the planning and implementation of Harvest of Hope, Schoolhouse Rock, Swing for Kids and other special events
- • Supports the growth of fundraising campaigns, event sponsorships, and volunteer programs
- • Reviews development goals and budget to ensure Scholarship for Kids, donations and grant/foundation revenue are consistent with overall budget and financial goals
- • Commits to continuous learning and growth within fundraising, stewardship, prospect research, major gifts and donor engagement.
- • Proactively supports the responsibilities of the other staff members by actively participating in other activities as requested or required.
Qualifications, skills, and abilities:
- • Proficiency with Google Sheets, Docs, and Slides, and MS Office is required
- • Knowledge of fundraising strategies and principles preferred
- • Must possess the ability to think strategically and creatively, take initiative, and follow through on assigned tasks
- • Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- • Must possess time management skills and thrive when handling multiple tasks at one time
- • Strong attention to detail and proven project management skills
Applicants should send a resume, references, and a cover letter to Betsy Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHARACTER PILLARS: LOVE, RESPECT, RESPONSIBILITY, PERSEVERANCE, INTEGRITY