The Development Associate will work closely with members of the Development Team to insure a successful development program that includes individual, corporate and foundation donors, direct mail, major donor identification and secure past/future sponsors for special events. This position enables the advancement office to achieve its goals, strategize, and offer technical and clerical support.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
– Coordinate all administrative tasks of the Development office including but not limited to data entry, preparing proposal packets, prospect research and keeping meeting minutes
– Maintain donor records and ensure the accuracy and efficacy of the donor and event database (Bloomerang and OneCause)
– Record all gifts and prepares proper acknowledgements for all donations within 48 hours of receipt
– Generate solicitation lists for all mailings, emails, and all other outside correspondence
– Create monthly and annual income reports from database
– Aid in leveraging and retaining current donor relationships with past/current sponsors for all three major fundraising events
– Assist with the strategy and development of annual giving campaign
– Support the Financial Office with scholarship applications
– Serve as liaison to Cornerstone Junior Board
– Represent Cornerstone at special events and external fund-raising activities
– Proactively support the responsibilities of the other staff members
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
– Public Relations and Marketing Background preferred
– Development database experience preferred
– Excellent research, organizational and record keeping skills
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively build and maintain relationships
– Computer proficiency including familiarity with Microsoft Office products specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint
– Knowledge of office practice and procedures, ability to work under pressure with multiple tasks and priorities, and ability to work independently and with a team when necessary
Cornerstone Schools of Alabama is seeking a head varsity tennis coach. We are looking for applicants who have a tennis background and are enthusiastic about helping develop our student-athletes mentally, physically, and spiritually. The tennis season begins January 13th and ends in late April. Stipend will be attached to position.
To apply, email your resume to Wiley Edwards at email@example.com.
7th & 8th grade | Algebra and Pre-Algebra
Cornerstone School is seeking an excellent Secondary Education Math teacher, who has a strong commitment to academic excellence and who is motivated to inspire student success. Applicants should hold a Professional Educator Certificate in Secondary Education in the state of Alabama or willingness to obtain certification. Experience is desirable but not required.
To apply, email your resume and the Cornerstone Employment Application to Dedrick Agee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants may also send resume and employment application to Cornerstone School, P.O. Box 320309, Birmingham, AL 35232.