I agree that the information provided in this application is correct. I understand that any false information may result in the student’s dismissal from Cornerstone Schools of Alabama. I also agree to support all Cornerstone Schools of Alabama policies and procedures outlined in the Student Handbook, Parent Covenant, and other governing documents.
Notice of Nondiscrimination Policy
Cornerstone Schools of Alabama admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and financial aid program, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
Student/Parent Handbook Acknowledgement Form
The Student/Parent Handbook has been created to provide students, parents, faculty, and staff with clear expectations of policies and procedures that are to be followed at Cornerstone Schools of Alabama. The policies and procedures are in place to provide everyone with a safe, Christ-centered, effective learning environment. It also provides answers to many frequently asked questions. The handbook may be accessed at www.csalabama.org or a written copy may be obtained in the school office.
Commitment to the policies and procedures outlined in the handbook provide better communication and clear expectations. This handbook serves as a basic guideline for the school year. Cornerstone Schools of Alabama reserves the right to change the handbook, policies, procedures, rules, or information provided in the handbook at any time during the school year. Parents will be notified of any changes made in the handbook.
I have read and understand the policies and procedures in the Cornerstone Schools of Alabama Student/Parent Handbook. I will adhere to all policies and procedures in the handbook including the Student/Parent Commitments and the Parent Covenant. I understand that the policies and procedures outlined in this handbook may be amended at any time during the school year by the administration of Cornerstone Schools of Alabama.
Because we believe that education is only possible when there is support in the home, we ask the parents of Cornerstone Schools of Alabama students to renew their commitment to our Parent Covenant each year. The following is the covenant that we ask parents to sign:
In recognition of the promises of Cornerstone Schools of Alabama to provide an outstanding Christ-centered education, and that my child’s success in school depends largely on my support and involvement:
● I accept the school’s mission statement, beliefs, and strategies of education that are in accordance with the Word of God and Biblical virtues.
● I agree to support the school in upholding its rules and policies as outlined in the Parent/Student Handbook.
● As a parent, I am responsible for the behavior and actions of my child.
● I will support the authority and disciplinary action issued by Cornerstone Schools of Alabama staff. I understand that disagreeing with staff discipline may happen, however, I will not undermine the authority of the staff when discussing the discipline of my child/children.
● I will support the school in maintaining a high standard of Christian conduct for its students. I acknowledge that should my child’s behavior, while under the supervision of school personnel, become incompatible with the standards of Cornerstone Schools of Alabama, normal disciplinary procedure will apply. However, depending upon the severity of the infraction, it may be considered grounds for suspension or expulsion.
● I will practice the principles of Matthew 18, resolving difficulties with school personnel directly. If the conflict is unresolved, I/we will discuss the matter with the person in authority. The line of authority is as follows: teacher, principal, and lastly president.
● I agree to participate in mandatory parents activities, including parent-teacher conferences. ● I agree to pay my child’s tuition, fees, and expenses when due and in a timely manner. ● I agree to provide a supportive, educational environment for my child, which includes:
○ Making sure my child arrives at Cornerstone Schools of Alabama daily by the start of school. ○ Making sure my child follows the Cornerstone Schools of Alabama dress code.
○ Checking my child’s homework every night and working with my child to help guide his/her progress.
I understand that Cornerstone Schools of Alabama Parent/Student Handbook is not intended to cover every situation that may arise during the school year but is a general guide to the goals, policies, and expectations of Cornerstone. Furthermore, I understand the President and/or Board of Directors have the authority as the administration of the said private school, Cornerstone Schools of Alabama, to make all decisions regarding the school (facilities, instruction, discipline, curriculum, activities), faculty/staff, students, and enrollment. Failure to adhere to these commitments can cause my child to lose various privileges and can lead to my child’s removal from Cornerstone Schools of Alabama.
Media Release Form
Cornerstone Schools of Alabama, Inc. is a nonprofit educational institution designed to provide a superior education at an affordable cost. We are neither publicly funded nor tuition-based. As a result, we rely upon the generous contributions from the private sector for the daily operations of our program.
Public relations are a vital part of telling the Cornerstone story to the public so that we can solicit and secure needed resources. This involves promotion through the Cornerstone website, social media, news media, publications, brochures, and other media. It is therefore likely that your child will appear in publications and media produced for this school year and/or following school years.
Please sign the bottom of this letter granting your permission to use your child’s likeness in our printed materials and publications that are used to tell others about our school.
Thank you for your attention to this important matter.
Volunteer Permission Form
Volunteers play an important role at Cornerstone and contribute greatly to the success of our students. Our volunteers serve in a variety of ways including mentoring and tutoring. All of our tutors pass a background check and are trained through our volunteer orientation. Our goal in utilizing volunteers most effectively is to pair them with students who would benefit most from their partnership.
Please sign the bottom of this letter granting permission for Cornerstone to match your child with a Cornerstone volunteer if the opportunity arises.
Thank you for your attention to this important matter.