Black History is NOW
Cornerstone’s Black History Month Celebration is underway! Students can create and share their creativity in 5 different categories:
(1) Visual Arts
(3) Creative Writing
(4) Song / Music
(5) Drama / Performance
The theme for this year is: Black History is NOW
The deadline for entries is February 15, 2021
How To Enter
If you have questions, please contact your child’s teacher or Miss Stivender.
– Students may submit up to one entry in each category.
– All entries should be the work of the student. Adults may facilitate the work, but not alter its creative integrity. Entries must be original and should not be taken from or using another person’s ideas, writings, or inventions as one’s own.
– Any entry that does not meet the rules for each category, includes content that is not age-appropriate, or includes content that is not the work of the student will be disqualified.
– Every entry should/must be accompanied by a completed online entry form (see below) that is signed by the student and parent.
– All entries are evaluated based on artistic merit, creativity, and interpretation of the theme.
VISUAL ARTS GUIDELINES
A visual arts entry must be an original drawing, painting, collage, or computer-generated art. Please submit a photo of the original art.
A photography entry must be a photograph taken by the student. Selfies are discouraged unless they have independent artistic merit. Image may be edited, however, photographs with added graphics including lettering or filers are not accepted (example: Snapchat or other social media apps).
CREATIVE WRITING GUIDELINES
A creative writing entry may be a work of fiction or nonfiction. Prose, poetry, and drama are all accepted. Entries may not be longer than 2,000 words. Writing may include illustrations. Please submit it as a PDF file.
SONG / MUSIC
A song/music entry must be a recording of the student performing a song or musical instrument. Entries may not be longer than 3 minutes. Entries may be an original piece or a student’s interpretations of a musical piece.
DRAMA / PERFORMANCE
A drama/performance entry must be a video recording of the student performing a speech, drama, or dance. Entries may not be longer than 3 minutes. Entries may be an original piece or the student’s interpretation of a piece.