In recognition of the promises of Cornerstone School to provide an outstanding Christ centered education, and that my child’s success in school depends largely on my support and involvement:
- I accept the school’s mission statement, beliefs, and strategies of education that are in accordance with the Word of God and Biblical virtues.
- I agree to support the school in upholding its rules and policies as outlined in the Parent-Student Handbook. As a parent, I am responsible for the behavior and actions of my child.
- I will support the authority and disciplines issued by Cornerstone Schools of Alabama staff. I understand that disagreeing with staff discipline may happen, however, I will not undermine the authority of the staff when discussing the discipline with my child(ren).
- I will support the school in maintaining a high standard of Christian conduct for its students. I acknowledge that should my child(ren) behavior, while under the supervision of school personnel, become incompatible with the standards of Cornerstone Schools of Alabama, normal disciplinary procedure applies. However, depending upon the severity of the infraction, it may be considered grounds for suspension or expulsion.
- I will practice the principle found in Matthew 18, resolving difficulties with school personnel directly. If the conflict is unresolved, I/we will discuss the matter with the next person in authority. The line of authority is as follows: Teacher, Principal, and lastly, Executive Director.
- I agree to participate in mandatory parent activities, including parent- teacher conferences.
- I agree to pay my child’s tuition and do so in a timely manner.
- I agree to provide a supportive, educational environment for my child, which includes:
a. Making sure my child arrives at Cornerstone Schools of Alabama daily by the start of school.
b. Making sure my child follows the Cornerstone Schools of Alabama dress code.
c. Checking my child’s homework every night and working with my child to help guide his/her progress